COVID-19 Specific Guidance
Unless otherwise stated in this policy, Players, Coaches, Team Manager, and spectators MUST wear a face covering at all times at any in-person SEATTLE GAELS event.
Physical Distance (Maintain 6 feet of distance at all times)
Physical distance of 6 feet or more must be maintained between staff, volunteers, and any spectators at all times with exceptions for training and medical personnel and volunteers performing their medical duties.
Six feet of distance must be maintained among athletes when not engaged in sporting activities.
Huddles and team meetings must be physically distanced.
SEATTLE GAELS requires players, coaches, and any other paid or volunteer staff to practice good hygiene including washing their hands frequently and covering their sneezes and coughs.
- Participants should wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds before and after practice, especially after touching shared objects or blowing their nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- Participants should avoid touching their eyes, nose, and mouth. If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains 60-95% alcohol content.
- Athletes should not share water bottles, uniforms, towels, or snacks and should not spit (saliva, sunflower seeds, etc.).
- SEATTLE GAELS COVID-19 Supervisors will provide hand sanitizer at trainings and games
- COVID-19 Supervisors will clean high touch surfaces and disinfect shared equipment
- Current CDC guidance for cleaning and disinfection for COVID-19 states that disinfectants should be registered by the EPA for use against COVID-19. Find the current list here: List N: Disinfectants for Use Against SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19).
Transportation (Limit travel groups to people your family regularly contacts.)
Limit exposure to those outside the household unit during travel. Only those in the same household should travel together, and if not in the same household, travel in separate vehicles.
If you must travel in groups (groups that include more than one household in the same vehicle whether in a carpool or on a bus), all members of the travel group, including the driver, must wear a face covering and spread out as much as possible within the vehicle.
Limit travel groups to those who you or your family members have been in regular contact (e.g. team members). Encourage family members to sit together. Maximize air flow in the vehicle by opening windows.
Travel (Players will quarantine for minimum 7 days)
On March 19, 20201 the Governor’s Rescinded his November 2020 Travel Advisory, the new Washington State travel advisory reflects the updated guidance from CDC. As such, the Club will require players to follow this guidance.
7 or 10 Day Rule
If you travel out-of-state please follow the 7 or 10-day Rule. Those returning to Washington State should get tested 3-5 days after your trip and stay home and self-quarantine for a full 7 days after travel, even if your test is negative. If you don’t get tested, stay home and self-quarantine for 10 days after travel.
If a player wishes to return to the field after 7 days, please submit COVID-19 test result to firstname.lastname@example.org . COVID Supervisors will inform your coach that players are clear to resume in-person activities.
Washington State Travel Guidance: https://coronavirus.wa.gov/travelers-commuters
CDC Travel Guidance: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/travel-during-covid19.html
Records and Contact Tracing
SEATTLE GAELS is responsible for and will keep and maintain an attendance roster of every Player, Coach and Volunteer present at each practice, game, and other in-person events to assist with contact tracing in the event of a possible exposure.
Attendance rosters must be kept on file for 28 days after the practice, game, and team in-person function.